Oxygen Medical Scheme
Oxygen medical scheme have combined powers with
Medshield medical scheme in 2010. That combination resulted in one of the largest medical aids in South Africa that
provides cover for more than 250 000 members.
What is a medical aid?
A medical aid is an insurance product provided by
a medical scheme that covers for the financial impact private medical costs can incur. You pay a monthly premium to your medical aid, and they provide you with certain
Oxygen medical scheme offers three medical aid
plans to choose from, though most of these plans are hospital plan related some of them do have medical savings
accounts to assist with your day to day medical expenses.
Essential: The Essential plan is a plan with limited hospitalization, but includes a medical savings
account that is managed by the member. The hospitals you may use on this plan is designated network hospitals. You
only pay for the first child saving you a lot on premiums. The plan includes an addition maternity benefit. Most of
the benefits stated for this plan are in-hospital benefits. Co-payments are required in some instances.
- This plan pays 100% of the scheme rates at
designated network hospitals and includes cover for: Radiology, oncology and pathology, GP’s and specialists.
The plan has an overall annual hospital limit of R800 000.
- A R 200 000 dialysis and organ transplant
- Mental health and prosthesis benefits are
applicable on selected conditions only.
- The annual benefits for the out of hospital
savings account: Main member R2664, Adult R2340, Child R864
- Maternity benefits are included in this
Plus: The Core Plus plan created with healthy persons in mind. The cover it provides are mostly for
in-hospital care that are provided by designated network hospitals. As with the other plans you only pay for the
- This plan pays 100% of the scheme rates at a
network hospital. The cover is unlimited.
- The plan includes limited Radiology and
- Oncology benefit limit of R20000 per annum
- The plan includes a procedure based internal
prosthesis limit of R27 000.
- A limit of R250 000 are available for organ
transplant and dialysis.
- A limit of R30 000 for mental
- Chronic cover for 26
- Additional out of hospital maternity benefits
consisting of 12 doctors visits and 2 scans are provided.
Standard: This plan covers in-hospital treatment, and also includes an additional medical savings
account to cover day to day medical expenses. This plan differs from the others as you can visit any hospital and
are not bound to designated selected network hospitals. You will need to make co-payments on this specific plan. As
with the others you only pay for the first child.
- Unlimited hospital cover paid at 100% of the
Medshield rate. The hospital cover includes; GP’s and specialists, Radiology and
- Oncology benefit of R300
- Organ transplant and dialysis benefit of R250
- R35000 Mental health
- R35000 Internal prosthesis
- Chronic cover for 26
- Out of hospital savings plan annual cover:
Main member R4056, Adult R3480, Child R1824.
- Maternity benefits are
It is rare to find medical aids that only charges
for a single child, this is the main factor that makes Oxygen Medical Scheme stand out above the rest. © Medical Aid Plan
To get your
medical aid plan quote by email Click